Amazon Basics 36W Two-Port - The best value two-port fast charger for your phones.
The Amazon Basics 36W Two-Port charger is a bit bigger and heavier than some other dual USB-C port options, but also significantly cheaper. It’ll provide the same fast charge to two phones or a phone and handheld Nintendo Switch at the same time. But with each port receiving a dedicated 18W even when used alone it won’t support larger devices.
Port 1 & 2: 18W USB-C PD 3.0 (5V/3A, 9V/2A)
Dimensions: 2.34 x 2.21 x 1.09 in | 3.8 oz
- The best value two-port fast charger for iPhones and many Androids
- Fast charges two iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel, LG, and Motorola phones at the same time
- Charges Nintendo Switch (or two) while you play in handheld mode
- Both USB-C ports offer the same 18W power output under any setup
- Works worldwide with 100-240V power input (may need a plug adapter)
- Not the smallest option, but still travel friendly
- Doesn’t support Samsung Super Fast Charging
- Won’t support fast-charging tablets, laptops, or Steam Deck
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I purchased the product in this review.
My Impressions of the Amazon Basics 36W Two-Port
The Amazon Basics 36W Two-Port is a good, budget-friendly dual USB-C charger for anyone needing to charge a pair of iPhones, Androids, Nintendo Switch (in handheld mode only) or a mix of those. Its total 36W output is split evenly between the two ports, so each will always offer up to 18W power output. That makes it less flexible than “smart” dual USB-C chargers. But it also means there’s no need to memorize which port is for which device. Its compromises should be made up for by its lower price tag. It’ll charge two phones for a lower cost per port than almost any other charger option.
While large and heavy for a phone charger, it features folding prongs on the US version, making it commute or travel-bag-friendly. The 18W output limit on each port keeps this from fast-charging iPads at their best rate (though it’ll still get the job done). You would need a higher output charger for a laptop, Steam Deck, or larger devices. It didn’t get a perfect safety rating above because it is not USB-IF certified, which is common among still good USB-C chargers.
Thie charger is a good buy for the occasional traveler who wants a dedicated but low-cost charger for a pair of phones and other small devices. It would also work well as a dedicated charger at home or the office, where its heavier weight is of no concern. But if you travel with tablets or larger devices you may find a better multi-port charger that’ll support all your devices, though certainly at a higher price.
Compare this charger with the best fast chargers for your iPhone or Android.
Buy the Amazon Basics 36W Two-Port if you:
- Need a charger that’ll fast charge two phones together
- Want the smallest dual charger available, even at a higher price
- Travel with two phones and an iPad and want a single charger solution
Don’t buy if you:
- Need support for Samsung Super Fast Charging or PPS
- Want the cheapest charger for fast charging two phones only
- Fast simultaneous charging: 36-watt USB power delivery (3.0) for high-speed charging of compatible devices, like iPhone 14/13/12/11 series, Apple iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Samsung Galaxy S22, S10, S9, Fold Z, and more
- Compact size: design includes a foldable plug for travel-friendly portability
- Safety features: integrated over-voltage, overheating, and short-circuit protection to keep connected devices safe
- PD 3.0 (USB-C1/C2 Port): 5V ⎓ 3A / 9V ⎓ 2A (Up to 18W each) Note: charger does not support intelligent power allocation between the 2 USB-C ports; each port is fixed at 18 watts (5V/3A, 9V/2A)
- Includes: 2-port USB-C wall charger, user manual, and an Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty