Anker 312 Ace 25W - The best value and travel-friendly Samsung Super Fast Charger.
The Anker 312 Ace 25W was designed and marketed toward Samsung phones with their Super Fast Charging (PPS 25W) feature. It does everything an 18-20W USB-C charger can do, plus provide more efficient super fast charging for any newer Samsung as well as newer Google and Motorola phones which also support PPS. It is travel-friendly, but not the smallest charger available.
Port 1: 25W USB-C PD 3.0 (5V/3A, 9V/2.8A) | PPS (3.3-5.9V/3A, 3.3-11V/2.7A)
Dimensions: 1.97 x 1.77 x 1.14 in | 2.4 oz
- A good value and travel-friendly Samsung Super Fast Charger
- Supports Samsung Super Fast Charging (25W) and other Androids using PPS
- Fast charges iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel, LG, and Motorola phones
- Charges Nintendo Switch while you play in handheld mode
- Fast charges iPad and tablets, though not always at their fastest possible rate
- Works worldwide with 100-240V power input (may need a plug adapter)
- Not as small or light as it could be, but doing so would have raised its price
- Doesn’t support Samsung Super Fast Charging 2.0 (45W)
- Won’t support laptops or Steam Deck
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I purchased the product in this review.
My Impressions of the Anker 312 Ace 25W
The Anker 312 Ace 25W charger (also called the Anker PowerPort III 25W) has a good mix of features for its lower price point. It is marketed toward and should be considered by anyone who owns a Samsung phone (S20, Note 10, or later models). And those with a newer Google Pixel and several other Android models which support PPS charging. It also works great for an iPhone, but without PPS support, you don’t need to limit your scope to just PPS-enabled chargers. This particular charger is a decently small size, ready for travel with its folding prongs, and supports the tech and power output options a Samsung phone owner wants.
Not the smallest phone fast charger on the market, and it weighs an ounce more than non-PPS chargers. But I don’t think you’d notice either without a side-by-side comparison. The lack of GaN technology keeps it at a similar size and weight as its big brother, the Anker 313 Ace 45W. But for the lack of size difference, the Ace 25W costs half as much as the Ace 45W. And most Samsung Plus and Ultra owners, wouldn’t notice the charging speed difference between the two. If you mostly charge overnight the better value is with the Ace 25W because of its lack of size and weight-reducing tech. It didn’t get a perfect safety rating above because it is not USB-IF certified, which is common among still good USB-C chargers.
I don’t own a Samsung phone, but if I did with Super Fast Charging support this would be my go-to best value charger. I might also have an Ace 45W available in the office for better 30-minute charging mid-day, but the Ace 25W would definitely be my preferred travel or bedside charger.
More on Samsung Super Fast Charging and PPS
Programmable power supply (PPS) is part of the USB Power Delivery standard. Not all USB-C devices support it, with the iPhone being the best example. Samsung supports PPS at the 25W and 45W levels but calls them Super Fast Charging and Super Fast Charging 2.0. The names are just marketing terms, with the technology still the PPS open standard. Google Pixel, LG, Motorola, Razer, and Xiaomi also have phones which support PPS. The newer the phone, the more likely it supports PPS.
A typical USB PD charging uses a consistent voltage starting with a higher current (amps) and, over time, lowers the current as the battery charges. PPS starts charging with a consistent current and a fluctuating voltage for the first phase. Then it swaps to USB PD charging during the second phase. The charging speed is a bit faster during the first phase and it puts less strain on the device’s battery, increasing its lifespan. If your device supports PPS, then a matching PPS charger (especially at this low price point) is a no-brainer. But PPS isn’t so much better that you should stress over not having a PPS-supporting device or charger.
Buy Anker 312 Ace 25W if you:
- Need a Samsung Super Fast Charging or PPS charger for your phone
- Want a good combination of performance and price for a not-too-big charger
Don’t buy if you:
- Own a Samsung Ultra or Plus model that supports Super Fast Charging 2.0 (45W) and needs the fastest charger possible
- Care more about size than performance
- High Speed: Supports 25W Samsung Super Fast Charging to fully charge a Galaxy S22 in under 1.5 hours.
- Portable Yet Powerful: At 23% smaller than an original 25W USB-C charger and with a foldable design, Anker 312 Charger (Ace, 25W) takes up less space while giving you just as much power.
- Superior Safety with MultiProtect: Features a total of 10 safety features including short-circuit protection, high-voltage protection, and temperature control to safeguard you and your connected devices.
- Universal Compatibility: Equipped with PowerIQ 3.0 technology to deliver optimized charging to virtually any mobile device, including phones, tablets, and more.
- What You Get: Anker 312 Charger (Ace, 25W), welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service (cable not included).