Anker 511 Nano Pro - The smallest and lightest fast charger for your phone.
The Anker 511 Nano Pro is the smallest 18-20W charger you’ll find from a reliable brand. Its fixed prongs are the compromise needed for the reduced size. Still suitable for travel when packed mindfully, also great for a dedicated outlet in a tight space, or when you want a wall charger that is hardly noticeable or more colorful.
Port 1: 20W USB-C PD 3.0 (5V/3A, 9V/2.22A) | Quick Charge 3.0 (5-12V)
Dimensions: 1.16 x 1.16 x 1.18 in | 1.1 oz
- The smallest charger in its class, leveraging GaN technology
- Fast charges iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel, LG, and Motorola phones
- Charges Nintendo Switch while you play in handheld mode
- Charges iPad and tablets, though not always at their fastest rate
- More color options are available outside of black and white
- Works worldwide with 100-240V power input (may need a plug adapter)
- Prongs don’t fold in (US version)
- Doesn’t support Samsung Super Fast Charging
- Won’t support larger devices
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I purchased the product in this review.
My Impressions of the Anker 511 Nano Pro
The Anker 511 Nano Pro charger is the industry standard when someone wants the smallest and lightest charger for their phone (or small tablet or handheld Nintendo Switch). It leverages GaN technology better than any other charger in its output range to obtain its compact size. It is also a part of Anker’s new design philosophy, where they want to offer more color options beyond the basic black and white.
The fixed prong is the standout downside of this Anker charger. Adding a hinge and housing for the prong to fold up would add mass, so Anker opted for the smaller fixed prong design. Advantageous if plugging it into a dedicated outlet, as the size and color options give better aesthetics. But if you plan to travel with it, you need to pack it in a pocket away from your other electronics, to remove any risk of scratches. As with other 18-20W USB-C chargers, don’t expect it to fast charge an iPad/tablet or to support larger devices. It didn’t get a perfect safety rating above because it is not USB-IF certified, which is common among still good USB-C chargers.
If I wanted to travel as light as possible, where every ounce mattered, the Anker 511 Nano Pro would be at the top of the shortlist. And I’ll likely put this one into a wall outlet behind furniture to add a dedicated iPhone charging location. But I prefer folding prongs on my travel chargers, so whether this is the ideal option for you depends on your priorities and needs.
Fast Charging With GaN and High Temperatures
Some owners note this charger gets hotter than others, which is normal for the GaN tech and aggressively small size. While fast-charging an iPhone I only ever saw temperatures up to 104°F and that was only in one spot. Most of my temperature readings were between 84 and 95°F while the charger was providing maximum output for an iPhone for 30 minutes. This is warm to the touch but not dangerous. You can touch solid objects up to 120°F safely. The Anker 511 Nano Pro boasts updated safety internal designed to monitor temperature and adjust (lower) the power output if necessary.
Anker 511 Nano Pro vs Anker 511 Nano
Not long after the Anker 511 Nano was released an updated model can out, the Anker 511 Nano Pro. The differences between the two models are minor enough that whichever is cheaper at the time is probably your best bet.
- Same fast charging rate. Both chargers offer the same power output specs and will fast charge your phone in the same amount of time.
- The Nano is slightly smaller (1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 in vs 1.16 x 1.16 x 1.18 in) and slightly lighter (1.05 oz vs 1.1 oz).
- The Nano Pro comes in more colors, part of Anker shifting their design away from just black and white.
- The Nano Pro boasts an improved ActiveShield safety function to monitor your phone’s temperature during charging. But Apple, Samsung, Google, and most other modern phones already do this on their own.
- On average the Nano Pro has been $3 cheaper.
Buy the Anker 511 Nano Pro if you:
- Want a more discrete (or more colorful) wall charger setup for your phone
- Need an iPhone or Android fast charger where size matters more than folding prongs
Don’t buy if you:
- Require folding prongs from any travel charger
- Would prefer a charger that supports Samsung Super Fast Charging standards
- Designed for iPhone: Provide full-speed 20W charging for the iPhone 13.
- High-Speed Charging: 20W USB-C charging gives you the power you need to charge up your iPhone to 50% in just 25 minutes—that’s up to 3 times faster than your old 5W charger.
- Advanced Safety Features: Equipped with our all-new ActiveShield️ safety system to offer enhanced protection. Features a Dynamic Temperature Sensor which actively monitors temperature, and a Power Tuner Chip which adjusts power output to safeguard your connected device.
- Small Size, Big Power: 45% smaller than an original 20W charger—but just as powerful.
- What You Get: Anker 511 Charger ( Nano Pro ), welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service (cable not included).
- Designed for iPhone: Anker Nano is designed to provide the maximum charge to iPhone 12.
- Unrivaled Speed: Charge iPhone 12 and previous iPhone models up to 3× faster than with an original 5W Charger.
- Space-Saving Design: At 50% smaller than a standard iPhone 12 USB-C charger, Anker Nano provides plenty of power while saving space in your bag or while plugged into a wall outlet.
- Works with Most Handheld Devices: Provide high-speed charging to most flagship phones including iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S20 as well as smartwatches and earbuds.
- What You Get: PowerPort III Nano, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service (cable not included).