ZMI zPower Turbo 65W - The best value fast charger for your Nintendo Switch, Steam Deck, and up to 14-inch laptops.
The ZMI zPower Turbo 65W is my most often recommended USB-C charger. It can support all my devices and is consistently among the lowest-cost chargers in the 45-65W range. It includes a USB-C cable rated for 100W power transfers, adding value. It fits in the accessory pocket of most Nintendo Switch cases and laptop sleeves. Without a similar charger having a sale, it is tough to beat for any small to mid-sized USB-C device.
Port 1: 65W USB-C PD 3.0 (5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/3.25A)
Includes a 5-foot USB-C cable (100W)
Dimensions: 2 x 2 x 1.1 in | 3.4 oz
- A great compromise between performance, size, and price
- Fast charges iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel, LG, and Motorola phones
- Charges Nintendo Switch in both handheld and docked modes
- Fast charges all model iPads and tablets
- Will support most 14-inch or smaller laptops and the Steam Deck
- Includes a USB-C cable
- Works worldwide with 100-240V power input (may need a plug adapter)
- Won’t support Samsung Super Fast Charging or PPS
Updated: April 28, 2023
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I purchased the product in this review.
My Impressions of the ZMI zPower Turbo 65W
The ZMI zPower Turbo 65W charger offers the size perks of GaN technology. But it is using older silicon-based technology that is cheaper to produce. Today GaN technology has come down in price, but this charger is still a low-cost option that doesn’t rely on sales or coupons to get you the best price. And the chargers which can beat its price don’t include a USB-C cable as this one does, making your total cost higher. As a 65W USB-C charger, it will support most mobile devices, from an iPhone to a 14-inch MacBook Pro. Only the largest laptops, often requiring around 100W chargers, are outside its support range. It also fully supports a Nintendo Switch in handheld or docked mode and the Steam Deck.
The lack of PPS support is its biggest downside. If you have a newer Samsung, Google, or other Android phone which supports Super Fast Charging or PPS, you may want to look at other 65W chargers with those options. iPhones and most laptops don’t support PPS. The lack of GaN technology with a similar form factor does mean this charger can get warmer. But during testing, none of the external temperature readings got close to being too hot to touch. It didn’t get a perfect safety rating above because it is not USB-IF certified, which is common among still good USB-C chargers.
The ZMI zPower Turbo 65W is often the charger I grab for my laptop or Nintendo Switch dock when traveling. I’ve used it for years without issue, and only recently would I consider other options if buying today. The USB-C cable makes it a travel-friendly package or a dedicated charger in your home or office.
Buy ZMI zPower Turbo 65W if you:
- Need to charge a docked Nintendo Switch, Steam Deck, or 13 to 14-inch laptop
- Don’t see a better deal from a similar 65W USB-C charger which also includes a USB-C cable
Don’t buy if you:
- Want PPS or Samsung Super Fast Charging support on top of fast charging your other devices
- Incredibly compact and lightweight for a non-GaN wall charger. Matches up well against some GaN chargers of the same rated power output. At a fraction of the cost of GaN-based alternatives. USB-C wall charger: 65W output to power USB PD enabled devices from newer laptops to tablets to smartphones; charges your 13-inch MacBook Pro to 100% in just 2.1 hours
- Certified in accordance with FCC and UL 60950-1 by SGS N.A., a Nationally Recognized Testing Lab. SGS N.A. listed and marked. Meets DOE Level VI energy efficiency. Input: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 1.5A; Output (USB-C): 5V𝌂3A 9V𝌂3A 12V𝌂3A 15V𝌂3A 20V𝌂3.25A; Dimensions: 1.97 × 1.97 × 1.10 in (50 × 50 × 28 mm); Net Weight: 3.42 oz (97 g)
- Compatible with MacBook Pro 13" 2016 or newer, MB Air 2018 or newer; Dell Latitude 12 5285 /5320 /7275 /7285/ 5480/E5480/ E7370/E7380/E7480, XPS 15 9550/9560, XPS 13 7390/9250/9260/9300/9310/9350/9360/9370/9380, Inspiron 13 7000/7378 2-in-1, Chromebook 3100; HP EliteBook Folio G1 12.5, Spectre 13-af001/x360 13-w021TU/13-v 119tu/13-ac033dx, Zbook StudioG5 15.6"; Yoga C740/C930/C940/920-13IKB/910-13IKB, ThinkPad T470/ T570/S3-490 /T490s/X270/X280/X390/X13/E14/T14/T15/ L15 Yoga/New S2 13.3/ A485/X1
- Compatible with Yoga 2nd Gen/Carbon X1/Yoga 6 IdeaPad 730S; Google Pixelbook; Acer Spin 7, Switch Alpha 12, SF713-51-M707, Chromebook 14/15/r13; ASUS Transformer 3 Pro, S510, Flip C302/C101, ZenBook Flip S/Deluxe/Pro/3 Deluxe, a325ua, Chromebook c423na; Microsoft Surface Go; LG Gram 13Z970/15Z960/15Z970
- IN THE BOX: 1× wall charger, 1× 1.5-meter (4.92-foot) USB-C to USB-C cable with emark (which supports charging and USB 2.0 data), User Guide, worry-free 18-month warranty, and US-based tech support