Anker 313 Ace 45W - The best travel-friendly Samsung Super Fast Charger 2.0.
The Anker 313 Ace 45W was designed and marketed toward Samsung S23 and later Pro and Ultra phones, which offer the Super Fast Charging 2.0 (45W) feature, getting up to 70% in the first 30 minutes. But as a regular 45W USB-C charger, it can also support any other model phone, iPad/tablet, small to medium-sized laptops, the Nintendo Switch’s dock, and the Steam Deck.
Port 1: 45W USB-C PD 3.0 (5V/3A, 9V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/2.25A) | PPS (3.3-11V/5A, 3.3-16V/3A, 3.3-21V/2.2A)
Dimensions: 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.3 in | 2.5 oz
- A compact and travel-friendly Samsung Super Fast Charger 2.0
- Supports Samsung Super Fast Charging (45W) and other Androids using PPS
- Fast charges iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel, LG, and Motorola phones
- Charges Nintendo Switch in both handheld and docked modes
- Fast charges all model iPads and tablets
- Will support most 13-inch or smaller laptops and the Steam Deck
- Works worldwide with 100-240V power input (may need a plug adapter)
- Won’t support 15-inch or larger laptops
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I purchased the product in this review.
My Impressions of the Anker 313 Ace 45W
The Anker 313 Ace 45W charger is targeted toward Samsung S23 Ultra and Note 20 Ultra owners, as it supports their fastest possible charging rate of 45W PPS (called Super Fast Charging 2.0 by Samsung). But it also supports the more standard 45W USB PD, allowing it to fast charge a number of USB-C devices. If you’re looking for a single charger (and are okay with charging only one device at a time) this may be it. And those desiring that with a Samsung or other Android which supports PPS should definitely go with this charger over a “regular” 45W option.
Among other phone chargers (typically 18-20W) it isn’t the smallest or lightest option. With both PPS functionality and higher power output comes an increase in size and weight. But Anker did include GaN technology here, which minimizes those increases. And while it feels hefty for a phone charger, it is a good size and weight among other 45W chargers. It works well as a home/office charger or leveraging its folding prongs for travel. It didn’t get a perfect safety rating above because it is not USB-IF certified, which is common among still good USB-C chargers.
I don’t own a Samsung phone, but I initially got this charger to fit in my Steam Deck’s travel case. It met the 45W requirement, Anker is a brand I and many others have used and trusted for years and is travel-friendly. For me, the PPS is incidental, but for Samsung owners, it should be the deciding factor for going with this 45W charger over its peers.
Samsung Ultra Owners Will Need a 100W/5A USB-C Cable
To get the maximum charge rate out of the Anker 313 Ace 45W with a Samsung Super Fast Charging 2.0 phone, you’ll need to use a USB-C cable that supports 100W (or 5A) of power throughput. This is not standard, though it is becoming more common. The 45W PPS spec goes up to 5A of current, while the 45W USB PD standard spec only goes up to 3A. All USB-C cables support up to 3A, but to support 5A, they need a slightly different build which costs a bit more. Without the proper cable, your Samsung Ultra will only register Super Fast Charging, not the faster 2.0 version it can support.
The most recommended 100W/5A charging cable for your Samsung Super Fast Charger 2.0 (45W).
An Anker cable set for an Anker charger, and their New Nylon model is their best seller. It is sold in pairs unless you get the 10-foot option. But your cost per cable is lower than many other options. The extra cable can be used with almost any other USB-C device and charger. As a 100W/5A cable, it'll support Samsung Super Fast Charging 2.0 (45W PPS). It will also support larger laptops and devices which use a 65-100W USB-C charger. The exterior is braided nylon which gives it more durability and lifetime bends. I use two of these in my travel kit and have been happy with the thinness and flexibility as a braided cable.
Length: 3, 6, 10 feet
More on Samsung Super Fast Charging and PPS
Programmable power supply (PPS) is part of the USB Power Delivery standard. Not all USB-C devices support it, with the iPhone being the best example. Samsung supports PPS at the 25W and 45W levels but calls them Super Fast Charging and Super Fast Charging 2.0. The names are just marketing terms, with the technology still the PPS open standard. Google Pixel, LG, Motorola, Razer, and Xiaomi also have phones which support PPS. The newer the phone, the more likely it supports PPS.
A typical USB PD charging uses a consistent voltage starting with a higher current (amps) and, over time, lowers the current as the battery charges. PPS starts charging with a consistent current and a fluctuating voltage for the first phase. Then it swaps to USB PD charging during the second phase. The charging speed is a bit faster during the first phase and it puts less strain on the device’s battery, increasing its lifespan. If your device supports PPS, then a matching PPS charger (especially at this low price point) is a no-brainer. But PPS isn’t so much better that you should stress over not having a PPS-supporting device or charger.
The charging rate between Samsung Super Fast Charging (25W) and Super Fast Charging 2.0 (45W) is not as significant as it sounds. The speed difference is only during the first 30 minutes. After that, they charge at the same rate. The 25W rate will get you 0-50% in 30 minutes. The 45W rate will be closer to 0-70% in 30 minutes. If you only plan to use this charger for your Samsung Ultra, and then to charge overnight, you could see the same results for half the cost with the Anker 312 Ace 25W.
Buy Anker 313 Ace 45W if you:
- Need to charge a docked Nintendo Switch, Steam Deck, or laptop which came with a 45-60W power adapter
- Want Samsung Super Fast Charging 2.0 support for your latest and greatest Samsung phone model
Don’t buy if you:
- Will only charge your Samsung phone and only at night or when 30-minute fast charging doesn’t matter to you, there are cheaper options
- Lightning-Fast Charging: This 45W charger is specifically designed for Samsung devices, boasting the Super Fast Charging 2.0 feature. It can power up a Galaxy S23 Ultra to full capacity in under 60 minutes, ensuring you're always ready to go. Please remember, a 5A charging cable is needed for Super Fast Charging 2.0 and is not included with this product.
- Superior Safety Assurance: Equipped with 10 safety enhancements such as short-circuit protection, high-voltage protection, and temperature control, this charger ensures a secure and worry-free charging experience for your devices.
- Compact Powerhouse: The Anker 313 Charger (Ace, 45W) may be 30% smaller than a standard 45W USB-C charger, but it doesn't skimp on power. Its foldable design makes it portable and perfect for your on-the-go lifestyle.
- Innovative GaN Technology: Utilizing Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology, this charger offers improved energy efficiency and heat dissipation. This cutting-edge technology allows for smaller, safer chargers that don't compromise on power.
- All-Inclusive Package: With your purchase, you'll receive the Anker 313 Charger (Ace, 45W), a comprehensive welcome guide, our 18-month worry-free warranty, and dedicated customer service. Please note that the charging cable is not included.