AUKEY Graphite Charging Hub – An all-in-one office charging solution
This is a product analysis, not a review. I do not have this product in hand (yet) to do a full review. The information presented here is based on specs and details offered by AUKEY.
AUKEY has released a true all-in-one charging solution for your desktop. Either at work or a home office space. It includes a charging base and removable power bank. The charging base works with small to mid size laptops, phones, and other USB accessories. The power bank can wired or wirelessly charge your phone when away from your desk.
- Ports: USB-C, USB-A x2
- USB-C Output: 45W USB-C PD (5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/2.25A)
- USB-A Output: 12W USB-A per port, 15W total across both ports
- 57W total output via USB
- Dedicated slot with pin connectors for included power bank
- Size: 7.3 x 5.5 x 0.9 inches | 185 x 140 x 23 mm
- Weight: 11.2 oz | 317 grams
- Ports: USB-C, USB-A
- Capacity: 10,000mAh | 37Wh
- USB-C Output: 18W USB-C PD (5V/3A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A)
- USB-A Output: 18W Quick Charge 3.0
- Qi Wireless Output: 5W
- USB-C Input: 18W USB-C PD (5V/3A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A)
- Charging Base Input: 15W via charging pins (may be shared with USB-A ports)
- Size: 6.1 x 2.9 x 0.6 inches | 155 x 74 x 15 mm
- Weight: 7.8 oz | 222 grams
- Barrel connection (non-USB)
- Cable: 4.9 feet | 1.5 meters
- Output: 22.5V/2.7A
- Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Size: 2.5 x 2.5 x 1.1 inches | 64 x 63 x 28 mm
- Weight: 5.8 oz | 165 grams
- All-in-one solution for charging small to mid size laptop, phone, and accessories
- Charging base ideal on desktop, connected to laptop
- Power bank keeps phone charged on the go away from your desk
- Pass through charging when power bank is in its slot, able to wirelessly charge a phone
- Includes power adapter for charging base
- $149.99 MSRP
- $30 off coupon currently available
- No USB cables included
What Is It Good For?
This is aimed at anyone who sits at a desk with their laptop and phone. But who also spends enough time away from their desk they need to keep their phone charged out of their bag. And it provides the convenience of one and done shopping. Rather than piecing together your own setup.
The 45W USB-C PD on the charging base works well with:
- All 12-inch USB-C laptops, including the MacBook
- Many 13 to 14-inch USB-C laptops, including the MacBook Pro
- iPad/iPad Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Nintendo Switch
- Fast charges phones supporting USB-C PD, including iPhone 8/X/XR/XS/11, Samsung Galaxy S8 and newer, and Google Pixel
The USB-A ports on the charging base don’t provide fast charging. But will still keep most model phones topped off. As well as small USB accessories, including headphones/earbuds. There are indications the charging pins for the power bank share the same circuit as the USB-A ports. So the USB-A ports may charge slower when the power bank is charging. Or used as a wireless charging pad. I’ll do more testing when I receive a unit to review.
How It Compares To Other Solutions
You can always put together your own charging solution with several different products. Though they may not provide every feature the Graphite Charging Hub does.
I put together a collection of other AUKEY products. Which offer much the same functions as the charging hub.
45W USB-C Wall Charger
AUKEY PA-Y13 46W PD Charging Station ($57) – Provides 45W USB-C PD on your desktop. Along with two USB-A ports. As well as Quick Charge, which the charging hub does not offer.
18W USB-C & Quick Charge Power Bank
AUKEY PB-Y13 10000 USB-C PD ($30) – A 10,000mAh power bank. With the same 18W USB-C PD and Quick Charge 3.0 as the charging hub’s included power bank. The PB-Y13 is a bit smaller, but actually heavier. And it does not offer Qi wireless charging.AUKEY USB-C to USB-C 2.0 ($8) – Needed to charge the power bank with the charging station. Will allow for an 18W charge, while the charging hub provides 15W.
5W Qi Wireless Charging PadAUKEY LC-C5 Graphite Wireless Charger ($16) – A 5W Qi wireless charging pad. Needed to add the wireless charging function provided with the charging hub. AUKEY PA-U32 Mini Dual Port Wall Charger ($10) – You’ll need a 10W USB-A wall charger to plug the wireless charging pad into. Otherwise it’ll have to take up one of the USB-A ports on the charging station. The PA-U32 is the cheapest option available from AUKEY.
The total cost for these alternative products is $121 MSRP. Compared to $150 MSRP for the charging hub. But you have to buy five separate items. Take up two wall outlets instead of one. And you’ll have no wireless charging when away from your desk. But you do gain Quick Charge at your desk.
Even with the cost difference I’d learn toward the AUKEY Graphite Charging Hub. It would be a tidier setup. With fewer cables and everything in one spot. And I don’t have any QC compatible devices I use regularly.
The AUKEY Graphite Charging Hub is currently available on Amazon.
- Innovative Design: 2-in-1 charging hub, comprised of a powerful charging base and a 10000mAh wireless charging power bank, to charge your phones, tablets, and USB-C laptop simultaneously
- Powerful Charging Base: The charging base delivers up to 45W PD for USB-C laptops that support USB Power Delivery
- Convenient Power Bank: Wirelessly charge your Qi-compatible devices while the power bank is recharging in the charging base. When fully charged, remove the power bank from the base to charge your devices on-the-go with 18W Power Delivery and Quick Charge 3.0
- Safe and Reliable: Built-in safeguards protect your devices against excessive current, overheating, and overcharging
- Package Contents: AUKEY PA-WL01 Graphite Charging Hub (PD Charging Base and Wireless Charging Power Bank), Power Adapter, User Manual, 45-Day Money Back Guarantee and 24-Month Product Replacement Warranty Card
Check back later for a full review, once I have a unit on hand.