Nekteck 65W GaN II - The best USB-IF-certified fast charger for your Nintendo Switch, Steam Deck, and up to 14-inch laptops.
The Nekteck 65W GaN II is a USB-IF-certified charger, meaning the governing body over USB has certified it as meeting all USB-C specifications and standards. Something important to those who value the assurance of device safety above all else. It includes a USB-C cable rated for 100W power transfers. The flat design allows it to fit the accessory pocket of most Nintendo Switch cases and laptop sleeves. If you can catch a sale, then it may also be among the least expensive 65W charger options.
Port 1: 65W USB-C PD 3.0 (5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/3.25A) | PPS (3.3-21V/3.2A)
Includes a 6-foot USB-C cable (100W)
Dimensions: 2.1 x 2 x 1.1 in | 3.3 oz
- Uses GaN technology to add PPS support without compromising its size
- Fast charges iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel, LG, and Motorola phones
- Charges Nintendo Switch in both handheld and docked modes
- Fast charges all model iPads and tablets
- Supports Samsung Super Fast Charging (25W) and other Androids using PPS
- Will support most 14-inch or smaller laptops and the Steam Deck
- Includes a USB-C cable
- Works worldwide with 100-240V power input (may need a plug adapter)
- Won’t support Samsung Super Fast Charging 2.0 (45W)
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I purchased the product in this review.
My Impressions of the Nekteck 65W GaN II
The Nekteck 65W GaN II charger has an impressive list of credentials. The GaN technology allows for PPS support for Samsung and other newer Android phones without compromising size, weight, or heat output. Like other Nekteck chargers, it keeps device safety front of mind with its USB-IF certification, the best safety rating for any USB-C device. And it includes a 6-foot USB-C cable rated for 100W. It will support most mobile devices, from an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy to a 14-inch MacBook Pro or Dell laptop. It also handles a Nintendo Switch in handheld or docked mode and the Steam Deck.
This charger will activate Samsung Super Fast Charging, but not Super Fast Charging 2.0 in Ultra or Plus models. If that’s a deal breaker, you’ll want to look at chargers designed to support that level of PPS. The MSRP for Nekteck’s charger is higher than its peers, but it spends a lot of time offering a sale price or coupon (or both). During my review, I saw it priced between $5 more to $9 less than its nearest competitor. If you’re patient, you can get a better deal with Nektech than with other brands.
The Nekteck 65W GaN II is fast becoming my “or” recommended charger for Nintendo Switch, Steam Deck, and mid-sized laptops. It offers all the support as the 65W charger I’ve used for years, adds in PPS support for some Android users, and can offer similar or better value with its own included USB-C cable if you can buy it at the right time. The design is travel-friendly and fits well in a typical Nintendo Switch case. Or buy it as a one-and-done shopping for a new home or office charger and cable set.
More on Samsung Super Fast Charging and PPS
Programmable power supply (PPS) is part of the USB Power Delivery standard. Not all USB-C devices support it, with the iPhone being the best example. Samsung supports PPS at the 25W and 45W levels but calls them Super Fast Charging and Super Fast Charging 2.0. The names are just marketing terms, with the technology still the PPS open standard. Google Pixel, LG, Motorola, Razer, and Xiaomi also have phones which support PPS. The newer the phone, the more likely it supports PPS.
A typical USB PD charging uses a consistent voltage starting with a higher current (amps) and, over time, lowers the current as the battery charges. PPS starts charging with a consistent current and a fluctuating voltage for the first phase. Then it swaps to USB PD charging during the second phase. The charging speed is a bit faster during the first phase and it puts less strain on the device’s battery, increasing its lifespan. If your device supports PPS, then a matching PPS charger (especially at this low price point) is a no-brainer. But PPS isn’t so much better that you should stress over not having a PPS-supporting device or charger.
Compare this charger with the best fast chargers for your iPhone, Android, or Nintendo Switch.
Buy Nekteck 65W GaN II if you:
- Need to charge a docked Nintendo Switch, Steam Deck, or 13 to 14-inch laptop
- Want the comfort that USB-IF certification offers
- Have a Samsung Galaxy phone and want one charger for all devices
Don’t buy if you:
- Want Samsung Super Fast Charging 2.0 supports on your Ultra or Plus model phone
- Need a 65W charger right now and it is currently priced at $30 or more
- Small & Compact While Being Powerful- Get rid of bulky and slow chargers. Get Nekteck's super compact 65w gan charger. A 65 watt usb c charger which is highly compact, 93% more efficient and 5x faster than your old charger, charges iPhone 13 up to 4× faster speed than the original 5W charger also charges the latest Samsung phones at high speed, Fully charge 2020 MacBook Air within 2 hours, and a MacBook Pro 13ʺ at full speed.
- Highly Portable, Lightweight & Small Design GaN 65w USB C Laptop Charger- Thanks to GaN tech which makes this 65w charger more than 60% smaller than traditional silicone chargers with weight of only 0.21lbs and dimensions of 1.96 x x 2.16 x 1.1 inch, it will take very tiny space of the bag and will be your perfect on the go charger!
- Vast Compatibility- With Gan, PPS & Pd 3.0 technologies this usb c pd charger is compatible with iPhone 13/13 Pro/Max/XS/XR, iPad Pro, MacBook Air, Pixel, MacBook Air 13''(2018) / MacBook 12'' / MacBook Pro 13'' / MacBook Pro 15''/ HP Spectre X360 / Spectre X2 / THINKPAD X390; Samsung Notebook9, iPad Pro 12.9’’ / iPad Pro 10.5’’ / iPad Pro 11’’, iPhone XS / XS Max / XR / X / 8 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S10 / S10e / S10 /S9 / S9 / S8 / S8 / Note 9 / Note 8 and more
- Safety Guarantee- GaN Tech [USB-IF Certified]: The GaN and PPS technology protects this 65 watt charger against over-charging, over-voltage, over-current, and over-heating, also our usb c power adapter is USB-IF certified, FCC, and UL Certified while the usb c cable have passed 10,000+ swing test, so you can enjoy worry free charging!
- What will You Get? 1 super compact 65w usb c fast charger, one 6.6ft long usb c to usb cable, 1 user manual, and all time friendly customer service