Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I purchased the product in this review.
The ZMI QB820 is a solid 20,000mAh USB-C PD power bank. But unlike its competition it can output up to 45W. That allows is to better power a laptop. And it can power the Nintendo Switch dock.
- Ports: USB-C x1, USB-A x2
- USB-C Output: 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/2A
- USB-A Output: 5V/2.4A & Quick Charge 3.0
- USB-C Input: 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/2A
- Capacity: 20,000mAh | 74 Wh
- Size: 6.31 × 3.22 × 0.83 inches | 160.4 × 81.8 × 21 mm
- Weight: 14.3 oz | 405 grams
Switch Chargers Ratings:
Included In Box:
- ZMI QB820
- USB-C to USB-C Cable, 20”
- micro-USB cable w/USB-C adapter (56k Ohm resistor)
- Travel Pouch
- Charges Switch at the fastest rate in handheld mode
- Powers the Nintendo Switch dock
- Can be recharged by Nintendo Switch AC Adapter
- USB hub function for USB-C laptop
- Supports pass through charging
- Supports iPhone fast charging with Apple’s USB-C to Lightning cable
- Includes USB-C cable
- Fits in most Switch carry cases, but takes up most of the accessory pocket
- Included micro-USB cable w/USB-C adapter is not as good as a USB-C to USB-A cable
- Wife gets to use it more than I do with her work trips
Compared With Similar Chargers
|Charger||ZMI QB820||Anker PowerCore 20100 Nintendo Switch Edition|
|dodocool 20100 45W Type-C PD|
|RAVPower XTREME 26800 PD|
|Switch Speed Rating||Superb||Great||Superb||Great|
|Switch Safety Rating||Safe||Nintendo Licensed||Safe||Safe|
|Features||Supports Switch Dock|
Pass Through Charging
|Supports Switch Dock||Pass Through Charging|
|Also Good For||Phone, Tablet, 13-inch Laptop||Phone, Tablet, 12-inch Laptop||Phone, Tablet, 13-inch Laptop||Phone, Tablet, 12-inch Laptop|
|6.31 × 3.22 × 0.83 inches|
|6.6 x 2.4 x 0.9 inches|
|7.4 x 2.6 x 0.9 inches|
|6.8 x 3.2 x 0.9 inches|
- Total of 11+ hours playtime
- Charging while you play
- Road trips
- iPhone and Android phones
- iPad and tablets
- Laptop, up to 13-inch (MacBook Pro, Dell XPS, etc)
Times based on 3 hours per full Switch charge, and assumes both Switch and power bank are at 100%.
The ZMI QB820 makes for a great all-in-one power bank solution when traveling with many devices. You can connect up to three devices at once. For USB-C laptops this has a unique USB hub feature. Connect the power bank to the laptop via USB-C. Then connect any USB-A device, like a mouse, into the power bank. The mouse will now work on the laptop. Most USB-C laptops don’t have a USB-A port, so this means one less adapter you’ll need to bring. The function works with USB-A drives as well, with USB 2.0 data transfer speed.
The ZMI QB820 is a great, large capacity USB-C PD power bank for the Nintendo Switch. It’ll charge the Switch at the fastest possible rate in handheld mode, equal to any wall charger. It is also the only power bank I’m aware of that can power a docked Switch. Its 20,000mAh will give you an extra 11+ hours of playtime with the most demanding games. If you also have a USB-C laptop its USB hub feature makes it a great choice for both devices.
It is my go to power bank long flights and trips where I need to keep my Switch and/or MacBook Pro up and running all day. I added a Lightning cable to its pouch to make it grab-n-go for all my devices. I’ve even taken it instead of a wall charger on overnight stays. My wife asks for it when going to a work conference with her laptop. I’ve yet to have run out of power with this power bank around.
I like the rounded edges and the casing has a solid feel to it. Once inside its pouch I have no concerns with tossing it into a bag. The dark gray coloring is nondescript without being one more black, electronic device.
My only gripe is the size and weight, but it is no bigger or heavier than any other power bank of similar capacity. It will fit in the upper pocket of most Switch cases, but it leaves little room for other accessories. I carry it in its pouch and not in my Switch case. When I travel without the laptop I tend to take a smaller power bank for that reason.
ZMI has U.S. based support contacts (web, email, phone) and warranty service.
The ZMI QB820 is the high capacity power bank you want if you own both a Switch and USB-C laptop. Add a phone cable to its pouch and it is the only power bank you need for travel or an all day outing.
Enjoyed this review? Sign up for the Switch Chargers newsletter and get updates on future reviews and Nintendo Switch related deals.