2019 was a busy year for Switch Chargers. There were 50 new reviews posted. As well as many older reviews updated with new format and testing methods. We also saw the launch fo the updated Nintendo Switch and the all new Nintendo Switch Lite. Here’s a look back at the product reviews. Including some of the standouts.
My Favorite Chargers of 2019
Most of the chargers and power banks I checked out in 2019 were good. Some were better for general use. While others were made to handle a particular niche better than the average charger. But a few stood out for me personally.
The best new power bank from Anker in a while. It meets the needs of most of us with a USB PD supporting phone, Nintendo Switch, or other small device. When you add in the cost of a USB-C cable it is priced to compete. And I like its compact design.
One of the smallest power banks with USB-C PD, Quick Charge, and Qi wireless charging. It has lower capacity to keep its slim design. But lots of charging flexibility for a lot of devices. I’ve found myself using it as a travel wireless charging pad.
The smallest 45W USB-C PD power bank on the market. Its 15,000mAh won’t keep a laptop running all day. But it isn’t much bigger than many lower output power banks. So it makes for a good phone charger that can handle a laptop in an emergency.
One of the most anticipated USB-C chargers of the year. Enough power output for a small laptop, but fits in the palm of your hand. Any USB-IF certified, too. The only debate about its greatness came from those who prefer folding prongs on their charger.
One of Anker’s least hyped chargers turned out to be a great addition to their offerings. One of the smallest 18W USB-C PD chargers. About the size of an iPhone charger, but offering 3 times the output. And USB-IF certification. But only available at Best Buy.
My new go to travel charger. It pushed me to stop using a USB-C & USB-A multiport charger. The top port will fast charge my iPhone 8. The bottom port works well for all my travel devices, from a second iPhone to my MacBook Pro. With the right assortment of cables it handles every my wife and I need away from home.
I really like this cable. It is the first non-black or white in my collection. It has good length when traveling with a laptop. And the durability of a braided cable without all the inflexibility. The only downside is AUKEY doesn’t submit their products for USB-IF certification. Even so it is now part of my travel kit when I go with a larger USB-C device.
Switch Chargers Reviews of 2019
In case you missed one here’s a complete list of new product reviews from 2019. And 2020 has already started strong with reviews. With many more in the queue. Thanks for your support last year.
- Anker PowerCore 10000 PD
- Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD
- AUKEY PB-Y25 Sprint Wireless
- BlitzWolf BW-P8 45W 20000
- BlitzWolf BW-PF2 PowerStorm 10000
- J-Go Tech XCOREsion 15-45
- Novoo 85W AC Portable Power Station
- Novoo Explorer 10000
- Novoo PowerCube Mini 5000
- Novoo PowerCube Mini 10000
- Omars 26800 Portable Energy Storage Station
- Omars Mini Pro 10000
- Omars PowerSurge 20000 45W USB-C PD
- RAVPower 10000 USB-C
- RAVPower Ace 26800
- RAVPower PD Pioneer 20000 18W 3-Port
- Solice 20000 Type-C
- Xcentz xWingMan Dual 5000
- Xcentz xWingMan Dual 10000
- Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 3
- ZMI PowerPack 10K USB-C
- ZMI PowerPack Ambi 10K Dual USB-C
- ZMI PowerPack Aura 20K USB-C
- Amoner Universal Travel Adapter
- Anker PowerPort II PD
- Anker PowerPort Atom PD 1
- Anker PowerPort Atom PD 2
- Anker PowerPort PD 1
- Anker PowerPort III Nano
- Anker PowerPort PD Nano
- AUKEY Graphite Charging Hub
- AUKEY PA-D4 60W PD
- AUKEY PA-D5 Focus Duo 63W
- AUKEY PA-Y13 46W PD Charging Station
- AUKEY PA-Y19 Minima 27W
- BlitzWolf BW-PL4 45W PD USB Charger
- BlitzWolf BW-S10 30W USB PD
- Google 18W USB-C Power Adapter
- Inateck 45W 3-Port USB-C
- Inateck 60W PD Charger with Dual USB-C
- J-Go Tech 45W USB-C PD
- RAVPower PD Pioneer 45W GaN
- Xcentz xDynamo 5
- Zikko eLUGGAGE L Worldwide Travel Smart Adapter
- Zikko eLUGGAGE X Worldwide Travel Smart Adapter
- ZMI zPower USB-C and Dual USB-A
- AUKEY Impulse Braided Cable C-C
- AUKEY Impulse Braided Cable C-L
- BAGSMART Nintendo Switch Case
- Inateck Carrying Case for Nintendo Switch